4.16.2008

Wretched. It's Simply Wretched.

So I heard that Todd Friel was going to be on TV, in a daily show called Wretched on FamilyNET.

My heart rejoiced, and then sunk as I realized..I don't have FamilyNET. I was in despair.

Then, suddenly for what can only be described as a miracle equivalent to Jesus on a Cheeto, the cable guy delivers us a Digital Cable box proclaiming the news that we get it for free because we recently signed up for all three services.

I now have FamilyNET., so the first thing I did was turn on the TV and set the TiVo with a season pass to "Wretched"

This morning, I woke up, and excitedly cooked up the usual eggs and toast, grabbed the TiVo remote and watched one of the most embarrassing TV programs for Christian Media, I have ever seen.

What a Disappointment...

...this show must be to all the other worthless Christian TV shows on television.

It's simply amazing, It's simple. I love it.

It's a small studio set where Todd Friel gives his usual commentary, but now with video. So unlike the listening to his remarks on Way of the Master, we now get to not just HEAR him cringe with disgust, we get to watch him cringe...with us.

The first episode I was able to see was God's revelation via Cheeto's and how ridiculous it is.

As a Christian ministry dedicated towards "Quality Media" we have been known to utterly rip apart good christian media because the production was poor, not the Theology.

We see this a lot. The first two seasons of WOTM were not the greatest from a production standpoint, but biblically they changed my life. (Season 3 looks exciting)

The theology of Left Behind was OK, but the movies were worthless.

So it is a tricky line between Production Quality and Theology Quality. It's rare.

Wretched has just drawn a line in the sand, daring other Christian TV shows to cross it. They set the bar, telling every future television show that they have to be Wretched, to be any close to being good.

PS
I think the show is amazing. The one thing I really love, is the natural audience boo's and cheers from the crew. I despise fake audience cheers and laughter it's the ultimate in cheese, it really brings down the production quality of a show. So good Job there. It's simply Wretched.

Wretched appears on FamilyNET, every night at 10pm.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home