4.11.2008

Open Air Encounter with a Mormon!

I guess to set this up, Matt from RichmondBET.org was preaching just as it seemed to die down from the first onslaught of hecklers that we had. Over in the distance, we see this heard (If that's the proper name for a group of Mormons) coming our way in ties and shirts. I grab my camera and just as I hit record...well, just hit play...and be warned...it gets a little angry.






The truth is that The Law of God reveals the inner nature of humanity. This guy was clearly bothered by the Law of God and how God uses our sin to show His Glory. I guess they left that out in LDS Sunday School.

After the video this guy and several other Mormons hung around for what must have been an hour. Hopefully they were convicted and tomorrow the Mormon church will be a few less.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott Childress said...

so marcus...

a bunch of guys arguing over their religious beliefs - just what the world needs....

that big mormon guy was a bit over-the-top.

April 11, 2008 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Marcus Pittman said...

Actually upon first glance it would seem ridiculous, however the guy stayed around to talk (yell) for an hour. The entire time there were his very humble and gracious Mormon friends listening to the conversation and pleading with him to calm down...

This guy's friends were very open to the Gospel and the truth about Mormonism even if he wasn't.

It's quite possible his friends could get saved...

( Scott - BTW a bunch of guys arguing over their religious beliefs - just what the world needs...) I agree!! Will you help me put a end to the Emerging Church?

I agre

April 11, 2008 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi :) Very interesting, do you know what verse in Isaiah that guy was about to read? I was very curious!!
(This is "Princess" from myspace btw)

The Lord has given me the opportunity to talk to a few Mormons every few weeks. They keep coming back, PRAISE THE LORD! :)

April 11, 2008 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Marcus Pittman said...

Sarah: The verse that he was going to use is I believe "Isaiah 64:6"


All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

This is a perfect verse for those who practice works righteousness.

April 11, 2008 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Ryan Walker said...

I wish I could have been there. I had class that day and could not make it. It was nice the way Chris talked to those two. We need to stand up to false teachings like the Mormons.

April 12, 2008 at 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home