4.13.2008

When good preachers, go bad.

Today I was referred to an Open Air Preacher on YouTube called "RevivalisNeeded", after watching the clip I was saddened by the attitude of the preacher in the video.

The preacher in the video is having a heated discussion with a mother who did not want her child to hear the word "Pervert", this is understandable I guess. I am not sure what I would do in that situation as pervert really is not a bad word, I have used it not in reference to humanity, but more along the lines "Perverting the Gospel".

What happens next is of great concern, the preacher then states that ladies kid is "dressed like a fruitcake" for wearing a laced cowboy hat.

The lady then (I would say rightfully so), goes on the attack, assaulting the preacher.

Why? Why did the ladies child have to get involved, he was not part of the discussion.

I understand that exchanges during Open Air can get rather heated, I have been apart of them, but I feel like this preacher lost site of the Goal, and got caught up in the unnecessary Shock and Awe.

In know way am I trying to be Judgmental and I wouldn't even dare place myself as more knowledgeable then him in Open Air. In fact I even saw one video where there was a one on one which seemed to go quite well...But it seems to me that something is not right with this.

Several times he tells the lady that she is going to Hell, as if there is no way out.

Comments would be appreciated.


8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These people are the reason why unsaved folks don't want to hear our message. They come with a message of condemnation instead of a message of love. Jesus loves us and he wants to draw us by his love. There is a coming wrath that Jesus wants us to warn the world of and we must preach that message, but we do that by telling the truth with an attitude of love and not sounding like we want the unsaved to go to hell. These people need prayer!!!

April 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Dona said...

Yes. These people are hate filled. They give all Christians a bad name. They are the people that cause the unsaved to blasphemy God's name. I know that I'm saved and I want to punch them. They remind me of the people from the church that picket soldier's funerals. There's a big difference between the things these guys say and the things that people who follow the way of the master say when they are street preaching. They are just shouting out that the people are sinners without showing them that they have a sin problem and need a savior. It just sounds hateful.

April 19, 2008 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger At the Fence said...

The boy was wearing a womans hat with a red feather boa on it. It was effeminate. The mother swore and was unsaved. The Bible says to preach publickly, also to reprove and rebuke. People must realize they are sinners before they can repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

May 2, 2008 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Marcus Pittman said...

Pansy: Yes and No.

We should street preach. We should also let people know they are sinners before they know about Jesus. Law to the proud, Grace to the Humble.

I Agree.

The problem was the attitude of the preacher in the video. It was very self righteous and arrogant.

The point is the preacher unjustly called the child a fruitcake. The kid at his age, was probally not wearing the hat to be a fruitcake, he was probally just wearing it to have fun.

That being said. I have worked at amusment parks, and have worn many "eliminate hats" if that is what you call them. From Dr Seuss to big Robin Hood hats with a huge feather to massive foam cowboy hats.
I think they are funny. In fact I imagine that being hard to scripturally defend as a sin. So your judgment was unrighteous.

May 2, 2008 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger At the Fence said...

1 Cor. 6:9-11 lists effeminate as a sin, along with fornicators, idolators, etc.

May 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Marcus Pittman said...

Yes it does.

But I think there is a difference in a kid wearing a hat for fun at a festival and a man dressing in drag. The kid probably did not even say "Hey Mom I want the ladies Hat."

But let's say the child was openly homosexual. I don;t think it gives you the right to use the word "Fruit Cake" as that is not a biblical term, but a slander or insult. I would never go street preaching with anyone who used the slanderous term for homosexual...A bundle of Sticks.

I think you crossed the line.

May 3, 2008 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger The Preacher said...

You guys are ignorant of the Bible! We are to reprove and rebuke as we preach (2 Tim 4:2, Eph 5:11 etc.) I wonder if any of you preach at the Gay Parades, Rock concerts etc. Rather YOU are the reason that many are going to hell because you will not preach direct and against their sin AND the sinner! Wake up and grow up and PREACH the WORD, you wishy-washy liberals!

April 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger The Preacher said...

No wonder liberal marcus would disagree with biblical preaching-look at him. One of his favorite movies is the Truman Show-you are liberal and worldly Marcus!

April 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home