7.31.2008

When The Message has to much depth...

Recently I have been reading my torn and tattered copy of the Message. When it hit me. Hey, this is to in depth, to theologically sound. I am way to post modern for something that has such truth in it to be my source of daily bread...

That's when I was led to discover The Voice.

No Joke.

The Voice is a new "Bible" endorsed by Brian McLaren. Wow, I thought to myself this has got to be good.

I went to the website and saw a video. Here is a great line from it...

"What if we Got the worlds best Poet's and Fiction writers to write the bible, with the aid of Scholars"

That's right! Because no one knows how to write Truth better then Fiction writers.

Here is the video. Be warned. You might have a headache.






Now, I went to the website and read some of the book og John. As you read John actually talks to you, and warns of how "Christians in Future Generations will interpret this"

I don't even know where to begin...Oh yes I do...John 3:16-22

16For God expressed His love for the
world in this way: He gave His only Son
so that whoever believes in Him will not
face everlasting destruction, but will
have everlasting life. 17Here’s the point.
God didn’t send His Son into the world
to judge it; instead, He is here to rescue a
world headed toward certain destruction.
18No one who believes in Him has to
fear condemnation; yet condemnation is
already the reality for everyone who
refuses to believe. Whoever embraces
unbelief swims in a sea of judgment,
because he chooses to ignore the Voice,
and in doing so rejects the name of the
only Son of God. 19Why does God allow
for judgment and condemnation?
Because the Light, sent from God,
pierced through the world’s darkness to
expose ill motives, hatred, gossip, greed,
violence, and the like. Still some people
preferred the darkness over the light
because their actions were dark. 20Some
of humankind hated the light and so
avoided its warm glow. They scampered
hurriedly back into the darkness where
vices thrive and wickedness flourishes.
21Those who abandon deceit and embrace
what is true, they will enter into the light
where it will be clear that all their deeds
come from God.

They make us out to be characters in a Bambi Movie!!!!

I have a headache...Read the entire Gospel of John here...If you can...

http://www.spaceempty.com/downloads/Book_of_John.pdf

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home