8.20.2007

Change in blog from a change in heart.

I was going to bore you all with a very uninteresting blog on Jehovah Witness theology and it's flaws concerning Hell. But that all got over ruled with this new...well...let me just get on with it. Let me introduce you to Patrick Hughes. My roommate really. At the time I moved in, if you asked him, he would tell you that he was a pagan. His dog tags even say so. One pagan and one Christian living together...hmm...I considered filming our lives and sending the tapes in to ABC as a new sitcom idea. I mean...I would have watched it. As long as it didn't air during my Mythbusters show. Gotta have them Mythbusters you'd better believe it. Now Patrick has always shown more respect for my "Bible-bashing fascist ultraconservative" Christian values, then other guys in my unit have shown toward me. Now let me ask you a question, what happens when God calls sinners to Him? What else can happen except the falling of a sinful man to his knees and crying out to God for repentance. Let me introduce you to Patrick Hughes, the once lost and rebellious sinner, and now forgiven and cleansed child of God. How could he resist God any longer? God pointed out the sin of this man and it broke his heart with the knowledge that God still loves him through it all. As Paul puts it "...while we were still sinners Christ died for us..." What did Hughes do to receive such a gift. Nothing at all. Before, Hughes hated God and lived in rebellion against Him. I was blessed to witness another of the chiefest of sinners being brought low by the law and lifted up by the Grace and Love of God. Praise His Name forever that He considers any of us worth saving. The punishment had been placed on Jesus and He paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, but He washed it white as snow. Let me again introduce to you, my(and I hope yours too) brother in Christ, Patrick Hughes.

"One thing that I can say about God that is a few simple words, a sinner such as I can find grace and salvation in Him."-Patrick Hughes, the forgiven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home