12.23.2008

How did this Happen?! The Fall of Christianity in America # 476

I have been wanting to do a series for a long time on my blog, but have not been able to find a topic that would sustain my personal interest yet alone the interest of it's readers. 

The truth is we live in an incredibly anti-Christian nation. A nation who has no clue of the Gospel and is utterly ignorant to it's message. The pastors, leaders, authors and speakers who disguise their lives behind the cloak of Christianity are just as ignorant of the Gospel as the people who listen to them...

So how in the world did America, a land of free speech where the Gospel could be proclaimed limitlessly forget the Gospel? How did this happen?

It could have started wijth a book...

This Christmas the best gag gift for the white elephant exchange among our evangelist friends was a book found at a thrift store. A 'Christian' teen devotional book. 

That's right, the end of Christianity in America could have started all with this book. 

A Christian teen devotional called "Anyone Can be Cool...but Awesome takes Practice!"

From the books cover "Anybody Can Be cool-But Awesome Takes Practice is an adventure in letting truth shape one's self-image."

It was written by a woman named Lorraine Peterson . Who wrote another great Christian piece of literature comparable to the Pilgrims Progress called "If God Loves Me, Why Can't I Get My Locker Open?"

The sad thing about this book, is how the world mocks Christianity because of it. By reading the reviews at Amazon we see the world has made this book a laughing stock. A new version costs $37, thats right. Why? Possibly because it is the biggest joke ever written. The world's greatest gag gift, a complete mockery of the Gospel.

Not only that, the reviews of this book on Amazon would be quite funny if Christianity was not the target. Read this one from Aaron.


"For years, I struggled with meager coolness until I read this book. Now with my new-found knowledge and my "I am awesome" shirt, all the ladies want to get with me. It may look like they're just laughing and pointing, but I know that they truly find me irresistible. Since I've modeled my hair and clothes from the book cover, everyone thinks I'm Zack from Saved by the Bell. It just doesn't get anymore awesome than that. Oh yeah."

So is this how it all happened? Probably so...but I think there are more reasons to come...tune in.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home